Wednesday 1 December 2010

My music magazine

For my music magazine I chose to produce a reggae magazine. My task was to make a front page, a contents page and a double page spread article.
Firstly, the font I chose for the masthead was found on Dafont.com. The masthead had silhoutted palm trees on it which reflected the hot, sunny setting from which the music was based. After installing this font I used colours of red, yellow and green to further reflect the magazine genre. This meant when the target audience looked at the masthead they immediately knew it was a reggae magazine.
The name I chose for the magazine was 'JAMGUIDE' which is appropriate for the magazine genre as 'Jam' is short for Jamaica, which is where a great deal of the music comes from, and 'Guide' tells the audience it is giving information about the music genre. Using photoshop I put a black banner behind this masthead, so it stood out more than anything else on the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment